Skip to Content

JSDA 2007 Textooks, Study Material etc

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
randomcow
randomcow's picture
Old Hand
JSDA 2007 Textooks, Study Material etc

With a little luck I'll be passing level 1 of the JSDA exam in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to give the textbooks away to someone who would appreciate a little assistance breaking into the world of Tokyo finance.

When I was looking to do the same, about nine months ago, I would have given anything for a copy of the English version of the textbooks. I would normally have paid for them, but the translated set costs about 8 man from memory and I figured someone must have a copy lying around that they don't use any more. Normally your company pays for the set, plus the exams, so 8 man is, well, their problem.

It ended up being harder to find them than I thought, and the best I could get my hands on was the 2005 set (I then found out that I couldn't sit the exam as an individual, but that's another story. I believe it has changed, too).

I've got the full 2007 set of books (ie the current set), some photocopied lecture notes, the 2005 practice test book (valuable), plus a few past papers (extremely valuable). This is enough to get you through levels 2 and 1 of the exam. You will be looking at 4-6 weeks before you sit level 2, depending on your background and how much time you are spending each day studying. Then another two weeks for level one.

The set will (hopefully!) be available from early next month. Let me know if you're interested!

RC

ummmmmm
ummmmmm's picture

Hi randomcow,

I hope you managed to pass level 1..

I myself am in the process of studying for the level 2 exam. I've got the textbooks however I only have one (very thin) book of practice questions. I'm interested in your lecture notes, 2005 practice test book and the tests from previous years. Just wondering if you still have the materials on hand... Willing to toss you a few thousand yen for em.

thanks

randomcow
randomcow's picture
Old Hand

Yours for the taking dude.

Check your PM

RC

randomcow
randomcow's picture
Old Hand

Kinda related, anyone here themselves hold, or know someone who holds the Commodities version of the JSDA?

From what I understand, the exam is only available in Japanese. I'm thinking that my Japanese might almost be strong enough to sit it, but of course if there is an English version then I'd be all about that. Especially the text books - they're huge.

RC

Slag
Slag's picture
Old Hand

I am guessing you already sold these mate? Like I said before, trying to widen my options and get some paper qualifications.

randomcow
randomcow's picture
Old Hand

Let me have a look but I think I have passed them on.

RC

financefin
financefin's picture

Hi! I am looking for the past exams for JSDA as well. Would you kindly let me know if any of you still have them handy with you?

Thanks

FFUJE
FFUJE's picture

Am looking for sample exams as well. Let me know if you still have them or know of anyone in possession of some. Thanks in advance

randomcow
randomcow's picture
Old Hand

Yeah sorry mate that exam is ancient history for me.

RC

shakuhachi
shakuhachi's picture

What is JSDA?

Edogaijin
Edogaijin's picture
Old Hand
shakuhachi wrote:

What is JSDA?

Japan Securities Dealers Association

[